In 1905, 26 dedicated community volunteers formed the Wellington Volunteer Fire Department. Nearly 50 years later, in 1951, community members formed a statutory special district, and the Wellington Fire Protection District became the governing body overseeing the provision of emergency response in much of northern Larimer County. An elected, five-member Board of Directors, which provides direction to the Fire Chief, guides the District. In 2013, the District hired its first paid Fire Chief, Gary Green. Since then Wellington Fire Protection District has grown to a combination department with over 40 paid and volunteer personnel.
Membership Level: Basic Business